Survival Tips for Handling the Holidays
Grief Seminar set for November 14
Alton, Calvary Cares - Cornerstone Ministries will host its first annual “Surviving the Holidays” seminar from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Saturday, November 14, at Calvary Baptist Church, 1422 Washington Ave, Alton.
The seminar features guest speakers and video interviews with counselors, grief experts, and other people who have experienced the holidays after their loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance.
These people share honestly about:
• Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
• What to do about traditions and other coming changes
• How to handle holiday parties and invitations
• How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
• Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
In addition to a light breakfast and many take home items those who attend will receive a Survival Guide with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season.
Limited seating reservations can be made by calling (618) 465.HELP (4357). Additional information can be found by visiting www.buildingthefamily.org