WEEKEND GARDENER EVENT TO BE HELD AT SHRINE
If winter has you down, get rejuvenated and ready for spring at the Weekend Gardener to be held at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville. The event sponsored by University of Illinois Extension will be held Saturday, February 21 with sixteen workshop choices. Registration is requested by February 13.
Workshop topics include:
· More Than Swords (Irises) and It’s a Gourd, Of Course by Elizabeth Wahle, University of
Illinois Extension horticulture educator;
· Japanese Landscape Design by Ben Chu, Missouri Botanical Gardens
· The Joy of Decorating with Container Gardens by Sandy Richter, Sandy’s Back Porch
· Season Long Perennial Color for Sun and Shade by Trudy Effinger, Effinger Garden
· The Natives are Restless by Nancee Kruescheck, Naturescapes
· Beautiful Entryways and Pruning by Ron Gatewood, Crain Tree Farm
· Other topics include Rain Gardening; Bulb, Corms—and All Their Cousins; All About
Orchids; Sustainable Vegetable Gardening; Protecting and Connecting Natural Areas;
Starting, Using, and Preserving Herbs; and Photography of Flowers and Beyond.
Registration information along with the complete program with description is available at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/mms. Seating is limited to the first 150 and pre-registration is required by February 13. The registration fee is $40 which includes lunch. For additional information, call 618-939-3434. If you have disability needs, please indicate when registering. University of Illinois Extension provides equal opportunities in programs and employment.