Photo from Beatlemania Magic Facebook page
The Beatlemania Magic Beatles Tribute Band is Bill Kropinak as John Lennon, Russ Saylor as Paul McCartney, Mark Baranski as George Harrison and Burt Scheel as Ringo.
GODFREY — The Beatles are preparing to invade Godfrey for the second time.
In response to patrons’ requests, Greater Alton Concert Association is returning Beatlemania Magic at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 26, to the stage at Hatheway Hall on the campus of Lewis and Clark Community College.
Beatlemania Magic recreates the “magic” of “Beatlemania.” A national touring Beatles tribute band recreates the early Beatles concerts with identical costumes, equipment and harmonies. The band plays such songs as “I Want to Hold Your Hand” to “I’m Down” played using Vox amps, Gretsch, and Hofner and Rickenbacker guitars made famous by the Beatles. “Beatlemania Magic” also recreates the “Magical Mystery Tour” of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” the White Album, “Let It Be” and “Abbey Road.”
The season continues with Al Simmons’ comedy and music on Feb. 15, the Ambassadors of Harmony on March 7 (evening) and Dean Christopher on April 19. All performances are held in the Ann Whitney Olin Theater in the Hatheway Cultural Center at Lewis and Clark Community College in Godfrey. Doors will open at 2:30 for the 3 p.m. performance with open seating. Groups of 15 or more enjoy reserved seating as well as a 20 percent discount. Call (618) 468-GACA (4222) to make reservations as early as possible.
Adults tickets are $25 in advance and $27 at the door. Tickets for students younger than 12 are $10.
Individual concert tickets are available at the following ticket outlets:
- Alton: Alton Convention and Visitors Bureau, CNB Bank and Trust, Dick’s Flowers, Halpin Music, Liberty Bank, Picture This and More, and Senior Services Plus
- Bethalto: Liberty Bank and Bank of Edwardsville.
- Brighton: CNB Bank and Trust
- Carlinville: CNB Bank and Trust
- Carrollton: CNB Bank and Trust
- Edwardsville: Bank of Edwardsville on Vandalia Street
- Godfrey: Liberty Bank (all locations)
- Jerseyville: Jerseyville Library
- Wood River: Dick’s Flowers