ALTON — Sail into fall with a wine-tasting and dinner cruise on The Spirit of Peoria, an authentic paddle-wheel riverboat, Wednesday, Sept. 23, along the Meeting of the Great Rivers.
Seats are still available for the evening cruise, which will depart from The Loading Dock in Grafton. The cruise will begin boarding at 6:30 p.m. and will travel along the Mississippi River from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $55 per person, inclusive. Tickets are available at the Alton Regional Convention and Visitors Bureau, 200 Piasa St., Alton. They may also be purchased at www.visitalton.com/cruise.
Guests can stay inside the air-conditioned boat or experience the cruise outside on the decks. The cruise will include the captain’s dinner buffet and three samplings of award-winning wine from Grafton Winery and Brewhaus Wines.
The wine-tasting and dinner cruise is just one of the many cruises The Spirit of Peoria will offer throughout the Meeting of the Great Rivers region this fall. The Spirit of Peoria offers sightseeing, lunch and dinner cruises throughout the season, which runs through Oct. 7.
Relax on the river with a 90-minute scenic morning or evening sightseeing cruise. Or let the chefs do the cooking during a lunch or dinner cruise along the Mississippi River. Sightseeing cruise tickets are $25 for adults, $23 for seniors, $14 for children (ages 4-12), and infants are free. The two-hour lunch cruises are $45 per person, inclusive. Dinner cruises are also available for $55 per person.
The Spirit of Peoria offers multiple cruises:
- Sept. 23: Morning Sightseeing Cruise, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Sept. 23: Lunch Cruise, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Sept. 23: Afternoon Sightseeing Cruise, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sept. 23: Wine Tasting and Dinner Cruise, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Oct. 6: Full Day Cruise, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 6: Evening Sightseeing Cruise, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Oct. 7: Morning Sightseeing Cruise, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 7: Lunch Cruise, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 7: Afternoon Sightseeing Cruise, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Oct. 7: Fall Dinner Cruise, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Sightseeing, lunch and dinner cruises will depart from the Grafton Loading Dock, 401 Front St, Grafton.
Reservations can be made online at www.VisitAlton.com/Cruise or by calling (800) 258-6645. Tickets may be paid for by cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. All sales are final. For cruising policies, go to www.VisitAlton.com/Cruise.