Madison County Transit is offering students a Summer Youth Pass to ride buses free until Sept. 1.
The passes for Madison County students from kindergarten to 12th grade are available at school offices or by calling (618) 797-4600 or e-mail YouthPass@mct.org.
The agency’s website, www.mct.org, provided the following information on the program:
How to ride MCT
• Plan your ride. Pick up a schedule or visit the Maps & Schedules page.
• Board MCT buses at any MCT bus stop along the desired route and wave so the driver knows to pull over.
• Show the driver the Summer Youth Pass and have a school ID to show if the driver asks to see it.
• Pull the cord one block before the stop. The driver will drop off the passenger at the next safe intersection or bus stop sign.
Passengers who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the bus.
• The 2014 MCT Summer Youth Pass is valid from May 26 to Sept. 1, 2014.
• This pass is only good on MCT Fixed-Route buses.
• Individuals must be a Madison County student in K-12th grade.
• If a driver asks, please be prepared to show a school ID.
• No eating or drinking on the bus.
• Shoes and a shirt must be worn to ride the bus.
• No swearing or loud, abusive language.
• No transfers will be issued with a Summer Youth Pass.
• Rollerblades, skates and skateboards must be carried on the bus and kept out of the aisle.
• Bikes cannot be brought on board the bus. Each MCT bus has a bike rack that can be used. Learn how to load and unload your bike here.
• Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
The pass is valid Memorial Day through Labor Day 2014 on MCT fixed route buses for Madison County youth (18 and under). The MCT Summer Youth Pass is not valid on MCT EZ Ride, ACT Paratransit vehicles, MCT Muny Express, MCT Rams Express, MetroBuses or MetroLink in Missouri or St. Clair County.