Ugandan Thunder concerts typically last 90 minutes and feature Ugandan drum songs.
Children’s choir Ugandan Thunder will perform in Greater Alton starting today.
The choir of Ugandan students raises money for Pennies for Posho, a nonprofit organization that feeds Ugandan orphans. Posho, ground-up corn flour mixed in water, is a staple food in Uganda and other African nations.
The 2014 Ugandan Thunder Children's Choir consists of 22 children, ages 8-13, from the Royal School and Orphanage and Morning Star school.
Concerts typically last 90 minutes and feature Ugandan drum songs. Performances are in the Lugandan language and English.
Performances are scheduled for:
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 10, at St. Clare’s Villa, 915 E. 12th St. in Alton
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 10, The Bridge Church, 504 E. 12th St., Alton
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11, Evangelical United Church of Christ, 1212 Homer Adams Parkway, Godfrey
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, June 12, Alton High School Auditorium, 4200 Humbert Road, Alton
- 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday, June 13, United Presbyterian Church of Wood River, 2550 Rock Hill Road, Wood River
For more information, visit http://www.penniesforposho.org/Home.html.