(From left) Madison County Chief Judge Dave Hylla, Madison County Employment and Training Executive Director David Stoecklin, Volunteer Coordinator Becky Nelson, Lewis and Clark Community College Career and Veteran Services Director Terry Lane, Southwestern Illinois Community College Workforce Development Director Bill Gagen, Judge Maureen Schuette, (family division), Chair Ann Callis, attorney with Goldenberg Heller; Judge Janet Heflin, presiding judge, Family Division; Judge Sarah Smith (family division), Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services Regional Manager Lyn Kuttin, Madison County Child Support Division Chief Tyler Wilke, Lewis and Clark Community College Adult Education Associate Dean Valorie Harris; and Nathaniel Carrol, attorney with Arch City Defenders. Not pictured are committee members Robert Plummer, Jennifer Mudge, Stephanie King, Clarissa Gaff, Dr. Linda Chapman, Terry Lane, Janet Fontenot and Omar Malik.
EDWARDSVILLE — Chief Judge Dave Hylla Tuesday announced the launch date for the Madison County Accountability Court at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the Madison County Courthouse.
The court will assist parents willing to pay child support but who are unable to fulfill their obligation because of barriers to employment and financial stability. The court will partner with local community colleges, Madison County Employment Services, and the Madison County State’s Attorney’s Office to identify common barriers and connect participants to agencies that can provide support for these individuals and their families. Community partners will offer assistance with employment, job placement and coordination for veterans, resumé and interview assistance, transportation and skills development.
The court will seek to engage local business leaders to pursue employment opportunities and eventual placement of participants.
Members of the committee are:
- Ann Callis, attorney, Goldenberg Heller Antognoli, Chair
- Dave Hylla, chief judge, Madison County
- Robert Plummer, president, R.P. Lumber
- Jennifer Mudge, first assistant state’s attorney, Madison County
- Tyler Wilke, chief of Child Support Division, Madison County
- Stephanie King, King Law Firm LLC
- David Stoecklin, executive director, Madison County Employment & Training
- Clarissa Gaff, managing attorney, Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation
- Dr. Linda Chapman, vice president academic affairs, Lewis & Clark Community College
- Terry Lane, director, Career & Veteran Services, Lewis & Clark Community College
- Janet Fontenot, dean Business Division, Southwestern Illinois Community College
- Bill Gagen, director, Workforce Development, Southwestern Illinois Community College
- Nathaniel Carrol, attorney, Goldenberg, Heller Antognoli
- Omar Malik, attorney, Goldenberg, Heller, Antognoli
For information, contact Ann Callis at email@example.com.