ALTON — The city of Alton Public Works Department announced it will deploy the leaf vacuum truck on the following schedule to pick up leaves around the city:
- Ward 1: Monday, Dec. 1, to Friday, Dec. 5
- Ward 2: Monday, Dec. 8, to Friday, Dec. 12
- Ward 3: Monday, Dec. 15, to Friday, Dec. 19
- Ward 4: Monday, Dec. 22, to Friday, Dec. 26
- Ward 5: Monday, Dec. 29, to Friday, Jan. 2
- Ward 6: Monday, Jan. 5, to Friday, Jan. 9
- Ward 7: Monday, Jan. 12, to Friday, Jan. 16
Residents should rake their leaves to the end of their yards. Leaves should not be raked into the street or on the curb because this causes clogging issues within the city’s drainage system. Leaves raked into the street or on the curb are a violation of city ordinance.
This schedule is subject to change because of inclement weather and residents will be notified of any change in the schedule through local media and the city of Alton’s website. At the conclusion of this schedule, the leaf vacuum truck will no longer run but PACUP will be available on a limited basis to pick up bagged leaves until Feb. 27.
Questions concerning this schedule or leaf pick-up in general should be directed to the Department of Public Works at (618) 463-3530.