ALTON — Alton Day Care & Learning Center announces the celebration of its 45th year of caring for children in the Riverbend.
The center’s Board of Directors has organized a series of events that recognizes its heritage of service to children, families and the community and the ambitious plans that have been established for the future.
The board has adopted a new strategic management plan that builds on the center’s past accomplishments to make new strides to meet the needs of working families and enhance the community. Included in the plan is a rebranding of its image that includes a change in the facility’s operating name and logo. Alton Day Care & Learning Center will become Kreative Kids Learning Center. The new name emphasizes the staff’s passion for enriching children’s learning experiences. The new image aims to draw attention to the talents and skills of the center’s staff who have earned a Gold Circle of Quality rating from Excelerate Illinois, the quality rating system for the state of Illinois. The new image includes a scholarship program that makes it feasible for middle-income families to enroll their child in a program with a track record for providing exceptional care. The center will roll out a new interactive website that will provide information and education for families and interested parties.
With the new image, the board and staff is committed to maintaining their commitment to the Riverbend region and its community partners, including the United Way of Grater St. Louis, the RiverBend Growth Association, North Alton/Godfrey Business Council and fellow human service providers.
To celebrate the center’s 45th anniversary and new image, the board of directors has planned a series of events that recognize those who have contributed to the center’s past and engage those who will shape its future.
- A Celebration of Contributors (August 2015): A reception to recognize former board members, significant contributors and sustained partners.
- A Celebration of Community Engagement (September 2015): Volunteer opportunities to enrich children’s learning and enhance center services.
- A Celebration of Tradition (October 2015): The center plans to enter a 45th anniversary float in the community Halloween parade.
- A Celebration of Children (November 2015): A family event for the community featuring activities, games, entertainment and more.
- A Celebration of Partners (December 2015): The Board of Directors will honor supporters with an annual Community Appreciation Breakfast.
For information or to volunteer, contact Keith Neuber at (618) 467-0630 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.