Christopher E. Wooldridge of Targhetta & Wooldridge Funeral Home has recently qualified for recertification of the designation of certified funeral service practitioner (CFSP) by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice. Wooldridge is also a lifetime member of the academy.
A number of professions grant special recognition to members upon completion of academic and professional programs and “CFSP” is the funeral service’s national individual recognition.
The academy, since its 1976 founding, has the following goals:
- To recognize those practitioners who have voluntarily entered into a program of personal and professional growth
- To raise and improve the standards of funeral service and
- To encourage practitioners to make continuing education a lifelong process in their own self-interest, the interest of the families they serve, and the community in which they serve.
To initially receive this award, the practitioner must complete a 180-hour program of continuing education activities and events. In addition, the practitioner is required to accumulate 20 hours per year to recertify. Credits are awarded by the academy for work leading to personal and/or professional growth in four areas:
- Academic Activities
- Professional Activities
- Career Review (for retroactive credit)
- Community and Civic Activities
Information about academy membership and certification may be obtained by contacting:
Kimberly A. Gehlert, Executive Director
Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice
P.O. Box 2275, Westerville, OH 43086