The “Get to know m.e.” campaign announced four individual $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to four students, one from each of the campaign’s host sponsors: Lindenwood University in Belleville, McKendree University in Lebanon, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville and Southwestern Illinois College in Belleville.
Students applying for the scholarship must meet all the following non-negotiable conditions:
- Scholarship recipients must be a Metro East resident at the time of application and already enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours) in good standing at one of the universities or colleges listed on the application, which can be found at http://www.get2knowthemetroeast.com/projects/scholarships.
- Student must submit a Get to know m.e. application and required essay to the mailing address or website before Nov. 1 to be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship will be applied during the academic semester immediately following the application submission and will be awarded for spring semester 2016 only.
- Students must be deemed in good standing within the university or college guidelines to which they are applying.
- This scholarship award must be used for the specified semester as indicated on the application. There is no exception; this will be evaluated at time of awarding.
- This scholarship award may be superseded by any other tuition-only grant or scholarships received by the student.
- This scholarship award pays tuition, fees and books only.
- All scholarship materials must be postmarked no later than Nov. 1.
- Students must intend to complete a degree or certificate at one of the universities or college listed on his application to receive the scholarship award.
The Get to know m.e. campaign was launched to help bring awareness about the outstanding cities and communities east of the Mississippi River, the abundant resources they have to offer, the welcoming people and their way of life.
For information, visit www.Get2KnowTheMetroEast.com.