JERSEYVILLE — The Citizens Utility Board (CUB) will analyze utility bills at a free clinic to help Jerseyville area residents save potentially hundreds of dollars a year.
Consumers should bring their gas, electric and phone bills for a free, one-on-one consultation with a CUB expert, who will search for ways to lower their utility costs. CUB’s utility bill clinic, co-hosted by state Rep. C. D. Davidsmeyer, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 9, at the Jersey County Business Association, 209 N. State St., Jerseyville. To register, call Davidsmeyer’s office at (217) 243-6221.
CUB will give consumers information on:
- How to spot unnecessary charges on natural gas, electric and phone bills.
- Energy efficiency programs and rebates that can help people cut their utility bills.
- Jerseyville’s municipal aggregation rate of 5.95 cents per kilowatt-hour with Homefield Energy through June 2019, and how it compares to Ameren’s price.
- Installation of smart meters, and programs like Peak Time Rewards and Power Smart Pricing that could yield big savings.
- CUB services, including its toll-free Consumer Hotline, (800) 669-5556.
Attendees should bring their utility bills so a CUB expert can analyze them.
For information, visit CitizensUtilityBoard.org.