EDWARDSVILLE — Working to bring state services and resources to Metro East veterans, State Sen. Bill Haine (D–Alton) and Rep. Dan Beiser (D-Alton) will host a veterans fair from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15, at Edwardsville American Legion Post No. 199, 58 S. State Route 157.
“There are many veterans services available, but it can difficult to navigate them all,” Haine said. “We want to bring these programs and organizations together under one roof to better serve our veterans.”
“This is a streamlined opportunity for veterans to ask questions, get resources and explore career paths,” Beiser said. “We want to ensure veterans can access the benefits they have earned though their service to our country.”
The fair aims to provide career and educational opportunities for former service members as well as care and benefit information from public and private programs.
The fair features:
- Information and services from state programs: Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Illinois Department of Employment Security, State Treasurer and Attorney General
- Madison County Veterans Assistance Commission
- Service dog provider: This Able Veteran
- College veteran service offices and the Illinois Student Assistance Commission
- Local organizations and programs
Food and refreshments will also be provided.
The event is free, but Haine asks that those interested visit www.SenatorHaine.com or call (618) 465-4764 to register.