GLEN CARBON — Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois held its 27th annual Girl Scout Golf Classic at Sunset Hills Country Club on May 9.
Rain and wind didn’t dampen the spirits of golfers, as players helped raise $27,500.
“This was our first time holding our Girl Scout golf classic at Sunset Hills Country Club,” said Jill Gobert, Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois’ director of development. “What a nice course and our players had a great time. On behalf of our 13,000 girl members and 4,500 adult volunteers, I would like to thank our corporate sponsors, donors, supporters and players for another successful golf classic.”
During the past 27 years, the event has raised more than $828,000 to support girl program development, girl financial assistance and to maintain and improve Girl Scout camps.
2016 Girl Scout Golf Classic sponsors
- Junior Sponsor: The Korte Co.
- Brownie Sponsor: Siemer Milling Co.
- Daisy Sponsor: JF Electric, Lucco Financial Partners
- Dinner Sponsor: Angie Zahn, broker, Strano & Associates
- Beverage Sponsor: Anheuser-Busch and Pepsi Mid-America, JF Electric, Iron Workers Local 392
- Cart Sponsor: Prairie Farms Dairy
- Longest Drive Sponsor: Plocher Construction