EDWARDSVILLE — Three Godfrey businesses were cited for underage alcohol sales in a compliance operation conducted Thursday, Sept. 11, by the Madison County Sheriff’s Department.
According to a Sheriff’s Department press release Friday, the operation involved 13 locations in Godfrey, 10 of which were found to be in compliance with Illinois state law by requesting identification and refusing the sale of alcoholic liquor to an individual younger than 21.
The following establishments and attendants were cited for unlawful sale of an alcoholic liquor to a minor;
- Melville Dairy, 2904 W. Delmar Ave.; Rachel E. Schuyler, 45, 2700 block of West Delmar Avenue, Godfrey
- Casey’s General Store, 1511 W. Delmar Ave.; Richard R. Burrell Jr., 37, 5700 block of Piasa Trail, Godfrey
- Roper’s Regal Beagle, 3045 Godfrey Road; Amy Leigh Brazier, 23, 400 block of Winona, Bethalto
Those found in non-compliance were issued non-traffic complaints and notices to appear in court for the respective violation.
The following establishments were checked by Madison County Sheriff’s Office detectives and were found to be in compliance.
- Huck’s, 5608 Humbert Road
- Casey’s General Store, 6301 Godfrey Road
- Moto-Mart, 5311 Godfrey Road
- Quik Trip, 2809 Godfrey Road
- Schnuck’s, 2712 Godfrey Road
- CVS, 2701 Godfrey Road
- Walmart, 6660 Godfrey Road
- Piasa Pantry, 1918 W. Delmar Ave.
- Cliffside Inn, 4922 Clifton Terrace Road
- Beer Barrel Pub, 7205 Montclair Avenue
The Sheriff’s Office says it will continue to conduct random alcohol compliance checks to deter underage drinking.