The annual Godfrey Fall Corn Festival is set for 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, in Glazebrook Park.
GODFREY — The annual Fall Corn Festival is set for 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, at the Great Godfrey Maze in Glazebrook Park.
The maze is a 7-acre Harry Potter-themed adventure consisting of two paths cut into a castle, Harry’s round-eye glasses, the deathly hallows symbol, and the village’s name. The maze and its regular activities will be open for business along with additional events and activities for the corn festival.
Maze staff members and village leaders are emphasizing the park’s family-friendly environment.
“In order to continue providing a positive place for families to enjoy, we would like to remind the public that inappropriate or disruptive behavior and language will not be tolerated,” Mayor Mike McCormick said.
Guests who compromise the family environment will be asked to leave the park. Unchaperoned middle and high school guests will be required to contact a parent for immediate pick-up.
“We value all the residents who come to visit our beautiful park and will continue to work on ensuring a positive and fun experience,” Parks Director Kimberly Caughran said.
During regular business hours, the maze is fully staffed at the concession stand and attractions.
“As a municipal park, Glazebrook belongs to everyone,” Godfrey Trustee and Parks and Recreation board member Eldon “Twirp” Williams said. “It ‘takes a village’ to safeguard its family-friendly environment. Residents are encouraged to help park staff by setting a positive example and encourage those using inappropriate language to be respectful of all park guests.”
The maze is the park’s largest attraction and admission for adults is $6 and $4 for adults. The cow train — The Hogwarts Express — is available to ride with the purchase of a $2 ticket and the corn crib is free for everyone. The hay wagon is $2 per ride and the zipline is $3 per ride. Tickets are purchased at the concession stand.
The festival schedule is:
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.: The Great Godfrey Maze opens, including the Hogwarts Express, Quidditch Pitch, wagon rides and zipline (fees apply).
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Vendors open for business, bounce house and mechanical bull, TreeHouse Wildlife Center Display. Vendors include Burguss Healthy Coffee and Tea, Baby Cakes, Kona Ice, Heavenly Scent Popcorn and Dave’s Sundresses.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Pony rides
- Noon: Corn on the cob eating contest
- 1 to 5 p.m.: Helicopter rides (additional fee)
- 2 p.m.: Treasure hunt in the Corn Crib
- 2 to 6 p.m.: BeBe the Clown and balloon animals
- 3 to 5 p.m.: Live music by Back in the Saddle, Midwest Garrison 501st Legion Actors for Make-A-Wish
- 5 to 6 p.m.: Little Miss and Mister Maze
Residents can “like” the Godfrey Parks and Recreation Department on Facebook to keep up with schedule changes or weather updates.