The Illinois Department of Transportation Wednesday announced the following ramps on Illinois 255 between Horseshoe Lake Road and Interstate 270 will be closed to traffic according to the following schedule, weather permitting:
Friday, Oct. 24, at 6 a.m. to Saturday, Oct. 25, at 7 p.m.:
- Ramp from northbound Illinois 255 to eastbound Interstate 270 closed
- Ramp from southbound Illinois 255 to westbound I-270 closed
Monday, Oct. 27, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Ramp from eastbound 270 to northbound Illinois 255 closed
- Ramp from southbound Illinois 255 to eastbound 270 closed (this will stay closed until 7 p.m. Oct. 28).
- Eastbound I-270 collector/distributor lane closed
Tuesday, Oct. 28, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Ramp from southbound Illinois 255 to eastbound I-270 closed
- Ramp from westbound I-270 to southbound Illinois 255 closed
- Southbound Illinois 255 collector/distributer lane closed
Wednesday, Oct. 29, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Ramp from eastbound I-270 to southbound I-255 closed
These closures are necessary to resurface the ramps. Signed detours will be in place for each closure. IDOT asks that motorists be patient, reduce speed, watch for stopped traffic ahead, and use additional caution when traveling near and throughout the work zone.