A ceremony next week will commemorate the renaming of the Kaskaskia Lock and Dam to the Jerry F. Costello Lock and Dam.
The Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 re-designated the Kaskaskia Lock and Dam to the Jerry F. Costello Lock and Dam. Costello served in Illinois’ 12th Congressional District from 1988 to 2012 and has been a proponent of transportation infrastructure and the Kaskaskia River interests for many years.
The ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, at Kaskaskia River Project, 4800 Lock and Dam Road, Modoc, Ill.
Guest speakers include:
- Jerry F. Costello, former congressman, Illinois 12th Congressional District
- Col. Anthony Mitchell, Commander, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers St. Louis District
- Arlan Juhl, Director, Office of Water Resources, Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Ed Weilbacher, General Manager, Kaskaskia Regional Port District
- Carl Tebbe, President, Lower Kaskaskia Stakeholders Inc.
The Lower Kaskaskia Stakeholders Inc. and the Kaskaskia River Port District will host a reception immediately following the ceremony.