A Madison County Transit bus.
GRANITE CITY — Madison County Transit (MCT) is proposing to enhance its bus service in May and will host a series of public meetings to collect comments on the proposal.
Highlights of the proposed improvements include: a new fixed route in Highland, the addition of hourly weekday service between Highland, Troy and Glen Carbon, later weekday service on MCT shuttle routes in Alton, new Sunday service in the Alton and Granite City areas as well as a fare adjustment on the current No. 14 Highland–Edwardsville. If approved, the changes would take effect in May.
Times, dates and locations of the public meetings are listed below:
• MCT Collinsville Station, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13
• MCT Edwardsville Station, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13
• MCT Alton Station, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 14
• SIUE MUC-Missouri Room, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 14
• Highland City Hall, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 15
• MCT Granite City Station, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 15
For individuals who cannot attend the public meetings but would like to view the proposal, a summary of the proposed changes along with maps and schedules is available online at www.mct.org. Comments can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to Madison County Transit, c/o May 2015 Service Change, One Transit Way, P.O. Box 7500, Granite City, IL 62040. Comments must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23, to be considered.