ALTON – OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center in Alton is expanding its psychological therapy services to include Healthy Living – a weekly group therapy offering that explores avenues to improved health and well-being.
The group aims to improve the whole person – psychologically, socially, physically and spiritually. Sessions focus on improving mood, finding peace and balance, learning to recover from grief, finding forgiveness and reducing stress.
Licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Shannon Walker helps to facilitate the group.
“There are fantastic benefits to group therapy,” Walker said. “In the Healthy Living Group, we provide a safe and supportive environment where participants can begin to explore improving themselves.”
Healthy Living is facilitated by licensed clinical experts. Sample topic titles include:
- Renew, Refresh, Restore
- Creating a Life of Passionate Action
- Improving Mood
- Trauma, Memory and the Restoration of One’s Self
- Trigger Happy: Handling Hot Button Emotions
- Recovery from Grief
- Falling In Love With Where You Are
- Exploring Contentment Through Emotional Intelligence
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
The group meets once per week and is covered by most major medical plans. For information, call (618) 474-6240.