ALTON — In recognition of American Diabetes Month, free health screenings and diabetes information will be available at a Diabetes Fair from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 15, at OSF Saint Clare’s Hospital, 915 E. Fifth St.
Sponsored by OSF Saint Anthony’s Diabetes Services and Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine, the event will include:
- Diabetic foot screenings by Dr. John Lindsay, podiatrist
- Cholesterol and glucose fingerstick screenings
- Blood pressure screenings
- Demonstration of exercises for improved circulation by OSF Saint Anthony’s therapy staff
- Weight and Body Mass Index
- Diabetes log books to track blood sugars
- Information about diabetes, neuropathy and wound care
- Sugar-free recipes and samples presented by OSF Saint Anthony’s registered dietitians.
- Free sub sandwiches, while supplies last
In addition, the first 250 attendees to tour the Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine will receive a divided portion plate — perfect for diet plans and meal planning.
To register for this free event, call (618) 465-2264.