OSF Saint Anthony’s Cardiology Team is recognizing Heart Awareness Month by reminding the River Bend — Do Your Part…Take Care of Your Heart! (From left) Dr. Rama Gondi, Charles Dickerson, Amber Cearlock, Gail Stephens, Carrie Babor and Greg Schmittling; (back, from left) Mary Bartels, Rosalind Brooks and Kelly Keenan.
ALTON — In recognition of American Heart Month, OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center is offering heart-healthy activities throughout February for employees as well as residents.
Presentations and screenings will be held at both OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center, No. 1 Saint Anthony’s Way, and at OSF Saint Clare’s Hospital, 915 E. Fifth St.
- Stop by special Heart Month tables in the cafeterias, OSF Saint Anthony’s Friday, Feb. 5; and OSF Saint Clare’s Friday, Feb. 12, and learn about early heart attack care, stroke prevention, heart-healthy lifestyles and pick up some red beads to promote American Heart Month. Free pedometers will be distributed.
- Wear red in the Saint Anthony’s Gift Shop on Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26 to receive 20 percent off most items.
- During the week of Feb. 8, enjoy free healthy apples in the cafeterias of both campuses.
- Free Lunch & Learns with Amber Cearlock, cardiovascular radiologic technologist; and Laura Fowler, critical care services educator. Topic: Heart Health Basics. Box lunch included. Dates: noon Friday, Feb. 19, OSF Saint Clare’s Medical Office Building, Auditorium B, 915 E. Fifth St.; noon Thursday, Feb. 25, OSF Saint Anthony’s Perpetual Help Center, 1 Saint Anthony’s Way.
- Enjoy free apples, get heart-healthy nutritional advice from an OSF Saint Anthony’s dietician and take a free heart risk assessment at the OSF Saint Anthony’s booth during the Heart Month Fair from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 27, at the Alton Salvation Army, 525 Alby St.
In addition, heart-healthy entrées will be offered daily in the cafeteria for lunch and dinner and heart-healthy entrée salads will be offered each Monday in February.
To register for any of these programs or for more information, call (618) 465-2264.