The Illinois Department of Transportation announced Interstate 270 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Illinois 3 to the Interstate 55/70/270 intersection beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17.
This work is required to perform pavement repairs. These restrictions will be implemented each week between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. This work is expected to be completed by mid-October.
In other area roadwork:
• Illinois 4 will intermittently be restricted to one lane between Illinois 143 and I-55 beginning Monday.
This work will take place daily between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. and is necessary to perform pavement repairs. This work is expected to be completed by the end of the month.
• Blackburn Road between Illinois 143 and 0.6 miles north of Illinois 143 will be intermittently restricted to one lane beginning Tuesday, Aug. 16. This work will take place daily between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. and is necessary to construct a new asphalt overlay. This work is expected to be completed by the middle of September.
Delays are expected. The Department advises motorists to follow construction signs and drive with caution through the work zones.
• I-70 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from the I-55/70/270 interchange to 2.7 miles east of the interchange beginning Wednesday, Aug. 17.
- All westbound lanes will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- All eastbound lanes will be open from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- All lanes will be open Friday through Sunday.
This work is required to perform pavement repairs and is expected to be completed by mid-October.
Motorists are urged to use caution, obey warning signs and allow extra time when traveling through work zones.