The Veterans’ Assistance Commission of Madison County announces outreach events for veterans to meet with a veteran service officer.
The commission works closely with veterans’ organizations, as well as local, state and federal agencies, to ensure the rights to which each veteran is entitled have been granted. A veteran can meet with a service officer at the following locations by calling (618) 296-4554 to set up an appointment.
• Lewis and Clark Community College from 9 a.m. to noon on the first Wednesday of the month
• Granite City DAV from 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of the month
•Senior Services Plus from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month
• Wood River VFW from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the third Monday of the month
• Granite City Library from 9 a.m. to noon on the third Wednesday of the month
• Highland American Legion from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of the month