WOOD RIVER — An acclaimed children’s choir will perform at area churches later this month.
Ugandan Thunder consists of 22 children ranging in age from 8 to 13. They are from the Royal School and Orphanage in Uganda, East Africa.
The choir sings popular songs in African and American styles. The concert will be packed with high-energy music, dancing and audience interaction.
The tour is sponsored by Pennies For Posho, a nonprofit Christian ministry that provides food, clothing, shelter and clean drinking water to 11 orphanages in Uganda. For information, visit penniesforposho.org.
The choir will perform on the following dates
- 7 p.m. Saturday, June 18, at Ss. Peter & Paul, 717 State St., Alton
- 10 a.m. Sunday, June 19, First United Methodist Church, 1100 Airport Road, Godfrey
- 7 p.m. Monday, June 20, Abundant Life, 3986 Humbert Road, Alton
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 22, Foxes Grove, 395 E. Edwardsville Road, Wood River
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 22, First Congregational Church, 105 S. Franklin St., Bunker Hill
- 7 p.m. Friday, June 24, Resurrection Lutheran Church, 1211 Homer Adams Parkway, Godfrey