Ten students from area schools will be honored at the Madison County Urban League 38th Annual Dinner Thursday, March 26.
The dinner, themed “Educate! Empower! Thrive!” will recognize the students with the Empowered Youth Award for their exceptional involvement through volunteerism, philanthropy, academic achievement and positive attitudes.
“Each year, we ask Madison County schools to nominate students that play an active role in making our community a better place,” said Brenda Walker McCain, Madison County Urban League President and CEO. “The purpose of the Empowered Youth Award is to promote a positive image of young people and to generate awareness of the valuable contributions that youth make in our community.”
Award recipients include:
• Brayden Shirley – Trimpe Middle School
• Carleigh Miller – Venice Grade School
• Claire Bollinger – Roxana High School
• Elisabeth Cipus – Edwardsville High School
• Hannah Batista – Civic Memorial High School
• Katrina Agustin – Liberty Middle School
• Kyra Green – Alton Middle School
• Lila Motley – Lincoln Middle School
• Milton Johnson – Madison High School
• Nicholas Hatfield – Alton High School
Honorees, their families and their administrators will be formally recognized during the dinner and presented with an award.
“As we venture into the future, our expectations and hopes for the youth of this community remain steadfast,” Walker said. “Intelligent, passionate and proud young people are essential to the successful development of Madison County and we would like to recognize and promote their achievements and excellence.”
Tickets are $65 per person or $500 per table of eight. Entertainment featured this year is provided by Louis Michael Jazz Combo featuring Charles Glenn. Doors will open at 5:15 p.m. with a cocktail reception and silent auction, followed by a formal dinner. Bob Wills will serve as our master of ceremonies. To purchase tickets, call (618) 463-1906.