GODFREY — The Madison County Urban League will host its 39th annual Educate! Empower! Thrive! dinner Thursday, April 14, at Lewis & Clark Community College.
During this notable event, 12 students from area schools will be recognized with the Empowered Youth Award for their exceptional involvement through volunteerism, philanthropy, academic achievement and positivity.
“The education and empowerment of people throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just and peaceful life for all,” said Brenda Walker McCain, Urban League president and CEO. “We are proud to honor our emerging young leaders and recognize those who have been instrumental in improving the lives of others in our community.”
Award recipients include:
- Christian Everage of Alton High School
- Micah Logan of Alton Middle School
- Allison Wyrsch of Civic Memorial High School, Bethalto
- Kendell Davis of Edwardsville High School
- Emily Kloostra of Liberty Middle School, Edwardsville
- Meredith Stump of Lincoln Middle School, Edwardsville
- Joshua Hardin of Madison High School
- Shandon Boone of Marquette Catholic High School, Alton
- Ethan Kurth of Roxana High School
- Madison Klaas of Roxana Junior High School
- Keaton Linkeman of Trimpe Middle School, Bethalto
- Ashley Koelker of Venice Elementary School
Honorees, their families and their administrators formally will be recognized during the Urban League’s annual dinner and presented with an award.
The Community Service Award also will be awarded during the annual celebration in recognition of excellence in volunteer work that promotes the Urban League’s mission.
Entertainment will be provided by Louis Michael Jazz Combo featuring Charles Glenn. Doors will open at 5:15 p.m. with a cocktail reception and silent auction, followed by a formal dinner. Bob Wills will serve as master of ceremonies.
Tickets are $65 per person or $500 per table of eight. Sponsorships and advertisements in the souvenir booklet are available. For information, call (618) 463-1906.