U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Illinois) has announced he will host a Veterans Job and Resource Fair for 13th District veterans, military service members and their families from 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26, at the Meridian Ballroom, Morris University Center at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
“Transitioning from military to civilian life after serving your country can be difficult — especially in this economic environment,” Davis said. “That is why I’m hosting this Job and Resource Fair, to connect area employers with men and women who have received some of the best training in the world and who have skill-sets vital to many civilian employees.”
Employers ranging from Growmark Inc. to Korte & Luitjohan Contractors Inc. and others will be on site to provide attendees with information about job opportunities with their organization.
Additionally, professionals will be available to provide attendees with resume-building tips, information about workforce training programs and help with Veterans Affairs casework.
To RSVP for the event or if you are an employer and would like to participate in the event, call Davis’ office at (217) 403-4690 or email Jen White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current list of organizations and businesses in attendance includes:
- Cedarhurst of Edwardsville
- Challenge Unlimited Inc.
- Edison’s Entertainment Complex
- Extra Help, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois
- Growmark Inc.
- H&R Block
- Integrated Technology Associates
- Scott Credit Union
- SIU School of Medicine
- Granny 8 Mortgage
- Grand River Jackpot LLC
- Reliance Bank
- B&R Cleaning LLC
- Illinois Heartland Library System
- AARP Foundation Senior Community Service Employment Program
- STL VA Health Care System
- Veteran’s Assistance Commission of Madison County
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at SIUE
- Madison County Employment and Training
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
- Korte & Luitjohan Contractors Inc.