Southwestern Illinois College will host a five-part SCORE Simple Steps Series Workshops starting in September.
The workshops will help participants:
- Define and evaluate ideas.
- Develop a marketing strategy.
- Identify the best ways to fund a startup.
- Turn an idea into action with tools and templates.
- Get helpful mentoring sessions.
- Connect with other entrepreneurs.
Experienced executives will help entrepreneurs reach a “go or no-go” decision for starting a business.
The series provides five, two-hour workshops with action steps:
- Start-up Basics (free), Sept. 22
- Business Concept, Sept. 29
- Marketing Plan, Oct. 6
- Financial Projections, Oct. 13
- Funding Sources and Next Steps, Oct. 20
Sponsors include CJ Schlosser & Co., Carrollton Bank, CNB Banking, First Clover Leaf Bank, Liberty Bank, Associated Bank, NA & Bank of Edwardsville, Country Insurance and Informationworks.
The SCORE Simple Steps Series four workshops are available for $31.25 each. The first workshop is free. The whole series is available for $125. Call (618) 830-9069 or visit http://swillinois.score.org for more information or to sign up.
Southwestern Illinois College is located at 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville.