ALTON — Marquette Catholic High School is hosting a series of summer sports camps for area youths in first to eighth grade. Parents may register and pay online at www.marquettecatholic.org/summercamps.
In the past, Marquette has held basketball, soccer, football and cheerleading camps. Because of their success, Marquette is offering additional summer youth sports camps including football, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball and cheerleading.
Marquette has a long-standing tradition of successful athletic programs that routinely win regional and sectional championships and has had several teams qualify for the state finals or win state championships. Campers will benefit from the experience of Marquette coaches, successful alumni and current players.
Each camper will receive a free T-shirt and individual instruction.
Marquette alum Chris Erwin, a 1994 graduate who played minor league baseball for the Texas Rangers, will assist the baseball staff and Deion Lavender, a 2014 graduate, will assist with the basketball camp. Additional alumni participation will be announced in the coming weeks.
Coaches with six or more campers from the same team will receive a team discount reducing the cost for their campers. Siblings and those attending multiple camps also will receive a discount.
- Freshman Football: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. June 1-3. Cost $50.
- Soccer: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 22-25 for grades 1-7; 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. for grades 8-12. Boys and girls will be separated. Cost $50.
- Boys’ Tennis: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. June 1-4. Grades 6-12. Cost $50.
- Girls’ Tennis: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. June 1-4. Cost $50.
- Boys’ Basketball: 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. June 15-18. Grades 4-6; 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Grades 7-9. Cost $50.
- Girls’ Basketball: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. June 2-5. Grades 4-6; 10:30 a.m. to noon. Grades 7-9. Cost $50.
- Baseball: 9 a.m. to noon June 16 and June 18. Grades 3-8. Cost $50.
- Softball: 9 a.m. to noon June 16 and June 18. Grades 3-8. Cost $50.
- Volleyball: 9 a.m. to noon July 16 and July 23. Grades 5-6; 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Grades 7-8. Cost $50.
- Cheerleading Camp: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 30. Grades K-8. Cost $35.