ALTON — On Wednesday afternoons leading up to the new year, Grassroots Grocery will hold food and health education courses, with the second week of classes offering a lesson in grains and protein.
Join certified health coach Shirlie Canup as she leads a group in the store giving tips on health benefits and making informed, healthy food choices.
The first classes will be 10-minute sessions at the Grassroots Grocery store, 415A Ridge St. in Alton. Space is limited so those interested in attending are asked to make reservations. Classes will be held from 5:30 to 5:40 p.m., 6 to 6:10 p.m. and 6:30 to 6:40 p.m. Wednesday afternoons.
- Oct: 21: Great Grains and Protein (beans)
- Oct: 28: Cravings (sugars and sweets)
- Nov. 4: Intuition and Digestion
- Nov. 11: Healthy on the Go (snacks)
- Nov. 18: Relationships and Nurturing the Self
- Dec. 2: Eating for your Body Type
- Dec. 9: Food and Mood
- Dec: 16: Desire and Self Expression
To register for a class or for information, email Shirlie Canup at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (618) 208-4999. Grassroots Grocery is at 415A Ridge St.